Sunday, April 27, 2014

Community

Something that I have really grown to love here is how amazing the community is. Today my teacher took us around to look for caribou. Marks teacher wants to have us over. People go out of their way to make us feel welcomed! 
It also is amazing to see that a community still uses traditional things in their community.  For example whaling in the spring people still use hand crafted boats that are cover with skin from an animal. It is amazing to see the traditions stay alive. Women still sew quite a bit of clothing for their families.
Then when some gets a whale everyone comes to help clean the whale and that whale feeds the community even though one group got the whale theu share it with everyone.

The time here is only at half way and although I get homesick and dealing with my class. I am so happy to be here and enjoy so much!  This has been such a great experience and I look forward to the last of it! My class may be a challenge but it is such a positive challenge to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment