Monday, May 5, 2014

Been awhile:)

Sorry it has been awhile since I have blogged. We have been busy. Last I posted was about the whales and David. Here is a picture of David aka Masak. 


David left today for Washington D.C. to go with his father who is being honored. David has made this experience one I will never forget. 

On Saturday we went to a cooking class. It was a Mexican class we made barrita y frijolos (sorry about the spelling). 





They were very good and yummy!!

Saturday Night:
Some of us went along to see the search and rescue crew to see the planes and helicopter that they use. The two gentlemen that showed us around both were in the Vietnam War. They had amazing things to say about their experience. 




The north slope covers a large range. He covers basically the range that you see on the map. 






Here is me in the first plane. The space up front was pretty open however in the next plane it was very compacted. 



Here is the rest of it. 

Sunday:
On Sunday some of us went to church with Masak aka David. He took us to the Presbyterian in town. This church has been around for over 100 years. 

After church we came back and ate brunch. Sunday brunch is always my favorite it is all you can eat and has a wide range of foods. 

I spent the most of Sunday working in the classroom with Jen who is another 4th grade teacher. After picking up our professor from the airport we came back to the college ate supper. After having a meeting with our professor we heard there was a polar bear in the area. So I called David and he came and picked us out. However we didn't see it, well it was laying down but I couldn't see it with my poor vision. 
Boat hanging on the side of the ocean. 


Baleen from the whale.

Today we got a wonderful snow/wind day! Today I have slept in til 10:30 then watched The Big Bang Theory for while. Now I finished my blog then going to watch movie and lay down! Tonight we are watching the Big Miracle because we heard there are inaccurate information in the movie and now I want to see for myself the inaccurate part. 


12 Days til I am home!:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment